Classic Mini Brakes, Parts and Accessories
As a critical part of any vehicle, ensuring that the braking system operates as it should, is of the utmost importance. This is why here at Mini Sport, we are proud to present our huge selection of top quality Mini brakes and accessories, designed to allow the system to function properly, unleashing the true performance capabilities of this timeless brand of cars.
A Wide Range of Mini Brakes and Accessories
Identifying Issues With Your Mini’s Brakes
Regardless of if you have a disc brake or drum brake system, it is important to ensure that all of your components are in full working order at all times. As it’s responsible for slowing down the car, bringing it to a safe stop quickly and effectively, the sheer usage that a Mini brake goes through puts it at constant risk of breaking down.
Common signs that a braking system is malfunctioning, include any screeching noises when braking, a lack of responsiveness when the brake pedal is pressed, burning smells as the brake is used and if the pedal vibrates. Any of these issues may indicate that one, if not more, parts of the braking system are not working as they should – and will need to be checked out and replaced.
Our Selection of Mini Brakes, Parts and Accessories
Our Mini brakes range stocks a collection of classic parts for use in a wide variety of Mini models. No matter if you’re searching for a single specialist component, a number of parts or an entirely new system all together, we will have whatever you need – whether you’re intending your brake to be used in a regular runner on the road, or in high-performance rallying.
Just a selection of our braking products includes:
- Callipers. Vital in allowing the car the ability to stop, a disc brake calliper slows down the car’s wheels by creating friction with the rotors. Our selection houses several different types and styles of calliper, including 7.5”, 7.9” and 8.4” alloys for all classic Mini’s, including the Cooper and Cooper S.
- Brake Discs & Covers. If you’re looking to upgrade your original Mini brakes discs for improved performance, we will have parts for all models from 1984 onwards. Disc brakes are the best at conducting air flow away from the system – reducing the opportunity it has of overheating. Ideal for motorsport performance, in particular. We have a full range of Vented, Grooved and Drilled disc brakes, together with covers/shields to safeguard their ongoing function.
- Brake Drums. An alternative to brake discs, drums offer an enhanced braking force, and their increased friction area generally sees them last longer. Our Mini drum brakes range includes parts for all standard classic models (from 1959-84), without spacers, and for brake drums with spacers (for 1984-2001 models). If you participate in rallying/racing, we recommend our competition-proven Superfin Alloy Brake Drum that can be fitted to models made from 1984-onwards. These high-quality Brake Drums have better cooling efficiency, coming complete with a spacer for extra rigidity and strength, weighing less than 50% of the standard mass.
- Brake Pads and Shoes. The job of a brake pad (or brake shoes, in drum systems) sees them take the transference of kinetic energy conjured by the brake drum/discs, joining together to slow down the spinning rotor. Our original specification range of pads and shoes for Mini brakes are designed for performance on road, track and rally, made by top brands including EBC, Mintex and OE Spec.
- Brake Kits. If you’re looking to replace your braking system, we have you covered for every iteration you may need. We manufacture a full range of classic Mini brake kits; easy-to-fit 4-Pot Alloy Calliper Conversion Kits that contain 7.5”, 8.4” discs, as well as 7.9” and 8.4” Vented discs. We also stock brake conversion kits by prestigious brands such as the Cooper Car Company, Paddy Hopkirk Mini, OE Spec, and a range of Rear Brake Disc Conversions from KAD.
- Assembled Brake Kits. Professionally built by the in-house technicians here at Mini Sport, our Brake Assemblies make use of superior equipment components to allow for an easy fitment to any classic Mini model. For example, the 7.5” set offers a great way to upgrade from Drum Brakes, retaining the original 10” wheel that was used in models creating before 1984. For Mini models from 1984 onwards, the 8.4” standard Brake Assemblies can be fitted to Mini’s with 12” or 13” wheels. For ultimate braking performance, we recommend the Mini Sport-developed Alloy 4-Pot 7.9” Vented Grooved, 5” Drilled and the 8.4” Vented.
Those are just a couple of examples of the Mini brake parts and accessories we have on sale here at Mini Sport – why not look around our website to see more?
Choose Mini Sport For All of Your Mini Parts and Spares
When it comes to the repair and restoration of this timeless brand of cars, the team here at Mini Sport has seen (and done) it all. We have been trading Mini parts and spares ever since the Mini’s heyday in the 1960s, helping fellow aficionados to keep their cars running smoothly.
During our time in the industry, we have built up a unique knowledge and understanding of the Mini, creating relationships with some of the biggest manufacturers of original specification parts. This has allowed us to create a Mini brakes product range that will not only allow you to restore your vehicle back to its former glory but even to customise it, giving it a new lease of life.
So no matter the issue with your braking system, we have the parts and expertise to help get you to where you’re going. Furthermore, as the world’s premier Mini specialists, we are able to have your parts shipped worldwide – why not see our delivery page for more information?
Get In Touch With Our Mini Specialists Today To Learn More
Please feel free to take a look around our extensive Mini brakes selection and click on each of the products for more information. If you have any additional questions about anything you may find on our website or on Mini servicing in general, we would be pleased to hear from you. You can give us a call on 01282 778731 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org